Indoor Air Quality
Mold Removal Colorado Springs
The indoor air quality of your home is extremely important for your health and wellness since you spend most of your day inside. However, the alarming news is that the indoor air quality can often be 100 times poorer than the outdoor air quality.
In many cases, mold is responsible for this decline in air quality. Indoor air pollution can have the following adverse health effects:
- On a regular basis, you might experience some health issues that are actually due to mold rather than any other underlying reason. These include fatigue, dizziness, and headaches. Indoor contaminants can also reduce your activeness.
- Additionally, contaminants like mold also irritate the eyes, throat, and nose. If you’ve started experiencing these symptoms, it’s high time you get in touch with a mold removal Colorado Springs company.
- Long-term exposure to mold and other indoor contaminants causes respiratory problems, such as shortness of breath and coughing.
The likelihood of you falling prey to these health conditions depends on many factors, including age, existing medical conditions, and the amount of time you spend indoors.
The EPA has a definitive guide about indoor pollutants and how you can improve the air quality in your home. Here are some of the steps suggested by the authority:
- Firstly, you should control the source of pollution in your home. Make sure your home has sufficient ventilation. Keep the windows and doors open. When you’re showering, turn the exhaust on to increase ventilation.
- You should change the filters in your air conditioners and heaters since they get filled with dust and debris with use.
- The EPA also recommends controlling the humidity levels in your home as high humidity leads to mold growth.
However, if you haven’t been careful and now you notice mold growth, that’s no reason to fret. Instead, you should get in touch with us for Colorado Springs CO mold remediation.